¡Chilespectacular!

Saturday, July 17, 2004

written on the plane to chile

And she’s off! Despite a rocky start – my flight to Atlanta was cancelled – I am finally on my way. After finding out that bad weather all over the country had cancelled numerous Philly flights, and some begging with the Delta representative, I was able to get the last seat on an earlier flight to Atlanta than my originally scheduled one. There was only one difference…this seat was first class! So I got bumped on the first stretch of my flight. Sure, I was a left a little frazzled from the shock of seeing my flight cancelled, being told that I probably couldn’t get a flight until the next day, and then being (yet again) one of the few, the proud, the randomly selected and carefully searched passengers, but I think the cushy seats made up for it. And since the new flight was an hour earlier than my cancelled one, I had time to grab some dinner at the Atlanta airport at a restaurant which described itself, quite charitably, as having “Chinese Food”. Well, it was something. Now I’m lucky enough to have an empty seat next to me on this huge flight, so I’ll be able to stretch out and get some sleep. Yay for being short! As long as I can endure the father and son hunting travelers sitting behind me (really, I need to get a better understanding for some of the things people do for fun), and as long as the movie is better than the corny self-help guide to flying they’re playing right now (actors sitting in fake flight seats demonstrating how to swallow and gargle water to stretch your jaw while flying), this flight should be great! A “morning after” post will have to follow! Chile, here I come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home